Welcome to the JLSMS School Counselors' Homepage!!
Mrs. Marianne Nameth 6th Grade
Mrs. Sabrina Jeane 7th Grade
Mrs. Eveanne McKean 8th Grade
Students are selecting their elective course for the 2016-2017 school year in their social science classes. Counselors are visiting with students to help them navigate the StudentVUE and the process. Should families need to make a schedule change, please submit in writing to your grade appropriate counselor. The Virtual Loudoun summer session information, will be released in April, pending budget approval. Keep an eye out on our web page for Virtual Loudoun, or speak with your child's grade level counselor for more information. J.L. Simpson's summer enrichment program is pending school board budget approval. When information is available we will provide it to parents. Have a great Spring Break.
We hope parents will come out for our Tea & Talk click the link to find out more about topics, please try and make it out for one. The last tea is coming up. Thank you for joining us this year,
The school counseling staff at J.L. Simpson will periodically visit the resource classes to discuss topics, such as bullying, cyber bullying, and career exploration. The subject matter varies depending on the grade level. For grade specific information visit the counselor's website. You can access it by clicking the counselor's name in the column to the left. Our school Counselor's also provide students with individual and small group counseling, in the areas of academic and personal/social development. If you need to set up a conference with your child's teachers, please contact your child's counselor to schedule it. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email.
- Career Exploration: Students explore their own interest, strength, values & the relationship to the world of work on Family Connections.
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology: Eighth Grade School Counselor communicate the application and deadline process for 8th graders interested in the magnet school in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Academy of Science: Eighth grade school counselor helps to coordinate the application process for the STEM focused high school program house at Dominion High School in Sterling.
- Career Fair: Each fall, community members visit our eighth grade students to further educate them about various professions.
- Student Referral for Assessment Program: Interested students, with parental permission, may seek guidance from a representative of Mental Health, Substance Abuse, and Developmental Services.
- Substance Abuse Referrals: Students with potential alcohol/drug abuse may be referred for educational service.
- Violence Prevention: Students in each grade receive instruction on recognizing and preventing aggressive/harassing behaviors.
- Alternative Education Program: This program is housed at Douglass Community School and serves students who struggle with the traditional classroom setting. Middle school students now have their own separate program devoted to their needs.
- Monroe Technology Center: Available to students in high school who desire to learn a skilled trade. One and two year programs leading to certification are taught.
- Presidential Award for Educational Excellence: Students who maintain an overall "A" average in grades 6-8.