Welcome to the JLSMS School Counselors' Homepage!!
Mrs. Eveanne McKean 6th Grade
Mrs. Marianne Nameth 7th Grade
Mrs. Sabrina Jeane 8th Grade
In February, counselors will be working with students to make course selections for the 2014-2015 school year. The high school counselors will be joining us February 10th and 11th for our current 8th graders. Current sixth graders will start scheduling with Mrs. McKean on February 12, 2014. Current seventh graders will start scheduling with Mrs. Nameth on February 13, 2014.
All parents are encouraged to use Clarity. Clarity is a great way to access information about your child's ongoing academic progess, not just at each quarter but any time. Get connected!
The schoool counseling staff at J.L. Simpson will periodically visit the resource classes to discuss topics, such as bullying, cyber bullying, and career exploration. The subject matter varies depending on the grade level. For grade specific information visit the counselor's website. You can access it by clicking the counselor's name in the column to the left.
Our school Counselor's also provide students with individual and small group counseling, in the areas of academic and personal/social development.
If you need to set up a conference with your child's teachers, please contact your child's counselor to schedule it. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email.
- Career Exploration: Students explore their own interest, strength, values & the relationship to the world of work.
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology: School Counselors coordinate the application process for 8th graders interested in the magnet school in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Academy of Science: Counselors coordinate the application process for 8th graders interested in this program housed at Dominion High School in Sterling, VA.
- Career Fair: Each Fall, community members visit our 8th grade students to further educate them about various professions.
- Student Assistance Services: Interested students, with parental permission, may seek guidance from a representative of Loudoun County Mental Health Services.
- Services for Substance Abuse Referrals: Students with potential alcohol/drug abuse may be referred for educational service.
- Student Recognition Activities: Counselors recognize the many achievements of students.
- Violence Prevention: Students in each grade receive instruction on recognizing and preventing aggressive/harassing behaviors.
- Alternative Education Program: This program is housed at Douglass Community School and serves students who struggle with the traditional classroom setting. Middle school students now have their own separate program devoted to their needs.
- Monroe Technology Center: Available to students in high school who desire to learn a skilled trade. One and two year programs leading to certification are taught.
- Presidential Award for Educational Excellence: Students who maintain an overall "A" average in grades 6-8.