The original building consisted of four rooms. Since that time there have been two additions. In 1950, a science laboratory, home economics suite, and five classrooms were added. In 1960, a gymnasium, shop, cafeteria, and several classrooms were built.
Mr. George Liverpool
Mr. Ulysses Oliver
Mr. Stephen Sydnor
Mr. James Woodson
Mr. James McBride
Mr. Weldon Reeves
Mr. Frederick Hutchison
Mr. Joel Galperin
Mr. Wayne Griffith
Mr. Terrence Hill
Mrs. Laurraine Landolt
Dr. John Robinson
The Broad Run Annex
It was a school for 8th & 9th graders who would be attending Broad Run for the 69/70 school year.
The School Board Annex
It was used as administrative offices.
Leesburg Middle School
During this time it was a school for 6th & 7th graders from Leesburg, Middleburg, and Lucketts.
Douglass Community School
After the middle school students moved on it became a school with multiple programs: an alternative high school, a special education center, and the Douglass Community Center.
Housed at Douglass during this time were Douglass Alternative School with middle and high school programs, ESL, Early Childhood Special Education, Substance Abuse Education, Insight, and the Douglass Community Center.
The STEP classes joined the above programs.
Head Start classes joined the above programs.
The Head Start classes are relocated.
The Middle School Transitions Program and the GED Program were added.
The ESL, STEP and Early Childhood Special Education classes are relocated and Douglass becomes the center for Secondary Alternative Programs for LCPS.
The Saving 9 program is added.