Tues. 9/2 (A) & Wed. 9/3 (B)
2. Review Class Expectations
3. "Someone in This Class"
HW: Review syllabus with parent/guardian and get class contract signed.
Thurs. 9/4 (A) & Fri. 9/5 (B)
HW: Research and choose book for Independent Reading.
Mon. 9/8 (A) & Tues. 9/9 (B)
1. SSR: Please be sure to bring something to read.
2. Review: Habits of Mind
5. Review Collective Nouns: (see chompchomp.com for guidance)
HW: Choose book for Independent Reading and bring to next class.
Revise "Habits of Mind" journal entry if you wish to resubmit it.
Wed. 9/10 (A) & Thurs. 9/11 (B)
1. SSR: Please be sure to bring your IR book. I will be checking.
2. Complete Writing Benchmark
3. Review Collective Nouns
HW: Review Vocab List. Choose four affixes off of List 1 to create four graphic organizers
Fri. 9/12 (A) & Mon. 9/15 (B)
1. Fairy Tale Friday!
(Blocks 6 & 8: Yearbook Pictures!)
2. Complete Writing Multiple Choice Benchmark
3. Collective Noun Verb Agreement Worksheet and Review
Tues. 9/16 (A) & Wed. 9/17 (B)
1. Tues: Picture Day! (4th block only)
2. FINAL BENCHMARK!! Reading MC
3. Begin reading/annotating "The Most Dangerous Game"
HW: Finish reading and annotating TMDG.
Thur. 9/18 (A) & Fri. 9/19 (B)
2. Check for HW: Annotated TMDG
4. Review Vocab List #1/ Study for Quiz
HW: Study for Vocab Quiz #1
Complete TMDG Analysis Sheet NOTE: You do not need to answer the last question. We will do that together in class.
Mon. 9/22 (A) & Tues. 9/23 (B)
1. Vocab Quiz #1
3. Begin writing TMDG analysis paragraph
6. Compound Noun Review/Study for Quiz
HW: Polish and type analysis paragraph
Finish TMDG target notes for characterization