Tues. 9/2 (A) & Wed. 9/3 (B)
2. Review Class Expectations
3. "Someone in This Class"
HW: Review syllabus with parent/guardian and get class contract signed.
Thurs. 9/4 (A) & Fri. 9/5 (B)
HW: Research and choose book for Independent Reading.
Mon. 9/8 (A) & Tues. 9/9 (B)
1. SSR: Please be sure to bring something to read.
2. Review: Habits of Mind
5. Review Collective Nouns: (see chompchomp.com for guidance)
HW: Choose book for Independent Reading and bring to next class.
Revise "Habits of Mind" journal entry if you wish to resubmit it.
Wed. 9/10 (A) & Thurs. 9/11 (B)
1. SSR: Please be sure to bring your IR book. I will be checking.
2. Complete Writing Benchmark
3. Review Collective Nouns
HW: Review Vocab List. Choose four affixes off of List 1 to create four graphic organizers
Fri. 9/12 (A) & Mon. 9/15 (B)
1. Fairy Tale Friday!
(Blocks 6 & 8: Yearbook Pictures!)
2. Complete Writing Multiple Choice Benchmark
3. Collective Noun Verb Agreement Worksheet and Review
Tues. 9/16 (A) & Wed. 9/17 (B)
1. Tues: Picture Day! (4th block only)
2. FINAL BENCHMARK!! Reading MC
3. Begin reading/annotating "The Most Dangerous Game"
HW: Finish reading and annotating TMDG.
Thur. 9/18 (A) & Fri. 9/19 (B)
2. Check for HW: Annotated TMDG
4. Review Vocab List #1/ Study for Quiz
HW: Study for Vocab Quiz #1
Complete TMDG Analysis Sheet NOTE: You do not need to answer the last question. We will do that together in class.
Mon. 9/22 (A) & Tues. 9/23 (B)
1. Vocab Quiz #1
3. Begin writing TMDG analysis paragraph
6. Compound Noun Review/Study for Quiz (Blocks 6 & 8)
HW: Finish analysis paragraph
Finish TMDG target notes for characterization
Wed. 9/24 (A) & Thur. 9/25 (B)
1. Turn in HW: TMDG APE Paragraph with Analysis Sheet and Target Notes
3. Begin Reader's Response Journal Entry for TMDG
4. Begin reading and annotating "The Necklace"
HW: Finish reading and annotating "The Necklace"
Fri. 9/26 (A) & Mon. 9/29 (B)
1. Turn in HW: Annotated copy of "The Necklace" and Journal Entry
4. Choose Big Question
HW: NO HW (Due to Homecoming Weekend - enjoy!)
Tues. 9/30 (A) & Wed. 10/1 (B)
3. Review "Necklace" for comprehension and analysis
HW: Finish and type APE for "The Necklace"
Complete 4 Graphic Organizers for Vocab List #2
Thur. 10/2(A) & Tues. 10/3 (B)
2. Journal Entry: Creative Writing Prompt
4. Read "Powder"- annotating symbolism found in the story
HW: Complete "Powder" Analysis WS and annotations
Mon. 10/6 (A) & Tues. 10/7 (B)
MEET IN COMPUTER LAB L408
2. Work on "Powder" APE Paragraph
HW: Complete "Powder" APE Paragraph
Wed. 10/8 (A) & Thurs. 10/9 (B) - Activities Schedule
2. Read "The Scarlet Ibis"
HW: Make sure you have a copy of Of Mice and Men
Fri. 10/10 (A) & Tues. 10/14 (B)
2. Complete "The Scarlet Ibis" Analysis Packet
HW: Finish Packet
Wed. 10/15 (A) & Thur. 10/16 (B)
1. PSAT in Homeroom (10/15)
2. Complete Reader's Response Journal Entry for "The Scarlet Ibis"
3. Vocab Review Bingo
HW: Choose one reader's response entry from your journal, and type using 12-pt. Times New Roman DOUBLE SPACED. Make sure it is at least two pages. Turn in on turnitin.com
B DAY CLASSES: Study for VOCAB Quiz for Monday, 10/20
Fri. 10/17 (A)
1. Fairy Tale Friday!
2. Vocab Review Bingo
3. Applying the 6-traits to your journal entry.
HW: Study for Vocab Quiz next class and complete your 6-traits application to your journal entry.