Thurs. 5/21 (B) & Fri. 5/22 (A)
1. TKAM discussion
2. Peer Edit: BQ Essay
HW: Finish Rhetorical Argument assignment. NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE A TKAM UNIT TEST ON TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY.
Make revisions to BQ Essay
Tues. 5/19 (B)
3. BQ Essay Peer Editing
HW: Finish the book. (6th block: write Reader's Response)
Make significant changes to your essay. It can only get better! Bring in a revised, typed copy on Thur.
PLEASE email your draft to me if you would like me to look at it.
Mon. 5/18 (A)
1. Quiz on Chapters 18-21
3. Discussion on Reading
HW: Read Chapters 22-27
Make sure you have a thorough analysis of your BQ artifacts.
Fri. 5/15 (B)
1. Quiz on Chapters 18-21
3. BQ Directions: Synthesis Essay Instructions
HW: Read Chapters 22-27 and Write Big Question Essay Draft.
Wed. 5/13 (B) & Thur. 5/14 (A)
1. Quiz on Chapters 14-17
2. Reader's Response Groups
3. Group Work and Discussion: Emerging Themes
4. BQ Intro Review
HW: Read Chps. 18-21 and complete Reader's Response
IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!! You do NOT need to write your BQ draft by next class!!!! Please spread the word!!!
Mon. 5/11 (B) & Tues. 5/12 (A) (Due to SOLs, many students were absent)
1. Quiz on Chapters 9-13
2. Silent Reading
3. Discussion: DON'T CHEAT
4. Intro Paragraphs: BQ
HW: Read Chapters 14-17 and complete Reader's Response
Thurs. 5/7 (B) & Fri. 5/8 (A)
2. Reader's Response Lit Circles (Chps 5-8)
3. Big Question Essay Rubric Review
HW: Read Chapters 9-13 of TKAM. Write Big Question Essay Intro.
*PLEASE DO NOT expect to print your work in my classroom. Come to class with it already printed or you will not get credit. (my printer is broken anyway)
Tues. 5/5 (B) & Wed. 5/6 (A)
1. Vocab Quiz: List #5
2. Reader's Response Lit Circles
3. Vocab Chapters 5-7
4. Exemplars: Big Question Essays
HW: Read chapters 5-8 and complete Reader's Response for those chapters.
Fri. 5/1 (B) & Mon. 5/4 (A)
1. Discussion: Big Question Essay
2. Discussion: Keeping up with class during SOLs (YOU are responsible for checking this webpage and coming to class prepared)
3. TKAM vocab, chapters 1-4
5. Begin Chapter 1 of To Kill a Mockingbird
6. Begin filling out TKAM character analysis and lit devices chart.
Study for vocab quiz List 5
Read TKAM Chapters 1 through 4 (if you don't own the book you can read it online- just Google it)
Complete your Reader's Response for Chapters 1-4
Find two (2) artifacts for your Big Question
Wed. 4/29 (B) & Thurs. 4/30 (A)
1. Socratic Seminar!
Mon. 4/27 (B) & Tues. 4/28 (A)
*Mrs. Osborne out for a funeral
2. Prepare Socratic Seminar Notes
HW: Make sure your notes are finalized and typed so you are prepared for seminar next class.
Thur. 4/23 (B) & Fri. 4/24 (A)
3. Begin discussions and prework for Socratic Seminar:
Tues.4/21 (B) & Wed. 4/22 (A)
2. Discuss and Read Acts IV & V
3. Finish movie
HW: Complete timeline
Fri. 4/17(B) & Mon. 4/20 (A)
1. Read and act out Act III, scenes 2-4
2. Complete Act III Study Guide
3. Act III, scene ii passage analysis and annotation (email me if you need the sheets)
HW: Finish annotating Juliet's soliloquy and Act III study guide
Wed. 4/15 (B) & Thur. 4/16 (A)
1. Continue to complete timeline
2. Read and act out Act III, scene I
3. Watch play through Act III, scene I
Mon. 4/13 (B) & Tues. 4/14 (A)
1. Watch R & J up through balcony scene
2. Annotate Romeo's Act II soliloquy for motifs and lit devices
HW: no homework
2. Continue Romeo and Juliet: Act 1, Scenes 2-5
3. Discuss Conceit and Foils