site stats
Select a School...
Select a School

Department of Pupil Services - Special Permission Requests  PHONE: (571) 252-1200   FAX: (571) 252-1242
The request window will re-open for schools with sufficient capacity to Loudoun County Public Schools families April 1, 2015-September 15, 2015. *
* If you wish to renew your request for special permission to the school your student is attending for the 2014-15 school year, you must have their student identification number in order to submit your application for the 2015-16 school year.   
Please contact our office if you have questions, or refer to the links on the left side of this page for information regarding the Family Relocation provision and other important information (for move-outs and move-ins within Loudoun County that occur during the school year).
Apply Online  
The request window will open at 9:00 a.m. on March 1 for employees who wish to have their students attend with them at their schools and will open April 1 for LCPS families.
The following secondary schools are over-enrolled for the 2015-16 school year and are not open to special permission requests (these schools will NOT be on the drop-down menu): 
Middle Schools
Eagle Ridge Middle School
J. Michael Lunsford Middle School
Mercer Middle School
River Bend Middle School
Stone Hill Middle School 
High Schools 
Briar Woods High School
Broad Run High School
Dominion High School
Loudoun County High School
Park View High School
Potomac Falls High School
Stone Bridge High School 
 **If you move during the 2014-2015 school year, and wish for your student(s) to remain at their current school; you must complete a Family Relocation Form for each student, and provide a Change of Address Form and Proof of Residency Document (Deed, Settlement Paper Work or Lease) to our office and to the school.  Click on the link which states "Family Relocation AFTER the Start of the School Year" on the left side for more information and forms! **

If your student is served through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), please contact the Office of Special Education at (571) 252-1011 if you would like to discuss your student's placement at a school other than the one which serves your current residence.

On March, 11, 2014, the Loudoun County School Board adopted revisions to Policy §8-20, School Assignment, which went into effect immediately, replacing previous versions of the policy.
Last Modified on March 10, 2015