Hello Hillside Families,
Here are our top 5 PTO announcements for this week:
1. The PTO is partnering with Loudoun Orthodontics to bring you the "GREAT CANDY BUY BACK". Please bring in your extra Halloween candy and deposit it in the box in the school lobby from Nov. 1-8. The candy will be donated to U.S. Troops overseas through Operation Gratitude. We also encourage your child to write a note of appreciation to a soldier to accompany their candy donation. Loudoun Orthodontics will donate $1/per pound of candy donated to Hillside.
2. Our Hawk Campaign came to a very fun and very blue conclusion last week with the blue-out! Our total raised from the Hawk Campaign was $7,902!!!! Thank you to each Hillside family who donated and helped us to achieve our goal.
3. Remember to Cram the Carton with your “no-longer” needed Legos, K’Nex and Construx toys. Click on the tab at the right for more information on the Makerspace and other donations that are needed.
4. Mark your calendars for the 8th annual Hillside Holiday Hoopla on Saturday, December 7 from 8am - 12pm. Grab a bite of breakfast, visit awesome vendors in our One-Stop Shop, and let the kids do a little shopping of their own in Candy Cane Lane! Know anyone who might like to participate as a vendor in our One-Stop Shop? Interested crafters, artisans and home businesses can contact Gail Riegel at email@example.com for an application.
5. Thank you for your patience! Hillside Spirit Wear is in and will be delivered to your students this week. A few orders were received after the deadline and those orders will be coming soon. The Hillside Directories are also on their way and will be delivered to all PTO members and each family who purchased one as soon as we receive them.
Congratulations to all students on a successful first quarter! Keep up the great work!
Hillside PTO President
Hillside’s PTO is named HOPE – Hillside’s Organization of Parents and Educators. HOPE’s mission is to provide support and service to the children of Hillside Elementary School, their families, their educators and their community. We endeavor to promote a spirit of caring, good citizenship and respect for others within our school and our community.
In March 2004 a team reviewed the existing bylaws and proposed revisions to bring the bylaws up to date. The PTO general membership approved the revisions at the May 7, 2004 general membership meeting.
Keep in touch with us on our Hillside Elementary Facebook Page too!
Hillside does not give or imply endorsement of any products or services that appear on or link from this website