Welcome To Music Class!
Welcome Back, Mustang Musicians!
The Loudoun County elementary music curriculum consists of a well-planned sequence of developmentally appropriate experiences leading to clearly defined skills and knowledge. The program is designed to actively involve students of all learning modalities using materials carefully selected for their aesthetic value. The Loudoun County curriculum is aligned with theNational Standards for Arts Educationand theVirginia Standards of Learning.Music activities include many opportunities for students to sing, play instruments, move to music, listen and analyze, learn musical notation, create, and perform.
- Singing a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments
- Composing and arranging music within specific guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and music performances
- Understanding relationships between music, the arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture
Meadowland students Grades first through fifth receive two thirty minute sessions of music each week.
During our classes students are exposed to a wide variety of music from differing cultures around the world. Students are also educated on significant western composers.
All classes will work on vocal technique, music literacy, movement, and performance with instruments. Students in grades 4-5 will play recorders. Students are always invited to express themselves creatively through music and during classroom activities.